BNSF M-GALPEI 11-10-17


I got lucky after work this afternoon.

This morning, a friend informed me that BNSF Railway's day-late M-GALPEI (Manifest, Galesburg IL to Peoria IL) was on its way. I was resigned to the fact that I'd miss it, but imagine my surprise about 2:00pm when I learned that it was still sitting at S. Darst Street in Peoria waiting for the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad (TZPR) to fix a broken rail!

Immediately after crossing the river I found the train moving! I shot video at the only spot where the low mid-afternoon November sunlight was good. Video shows the train running on TZPR trackage heading to East Peoria. A pair of SD40-2Rs, 1565 and 1578, and GP38-2 2033 pull 41 cars across ADM's River Track at Bridge Junction.

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)