BNSF Railway M-GALPEI 12-1-17


For the second Friday in less than a month, I left work and encountered BNSF Railway's Peoria Local. 

I'm never opposed to such encounters. I even record the train's passage, even if required to wait. Friday's M-GALPEI (Manifest, Galesburg IL to Peoria IL) train was well worth it. 

The BNSF crew brought a 38-car train into Peoria behind three engines (BNSF 1565, 2240 & 2321) just after 2:00pm. Before delivering it to the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's (TZPR) East Peoria Yard, two Caterpillar loads shipped from Aurora, left on the New Long Main by prior train due to a delay in providing proper pre-clearance dimensional paperwork to the TZPR, were added to the consist.

After 3:30pm, the now-40-car train finally crossed the river. Video above was shot off Sanger Street near TZPR's Bridge Junction Tower. M-GALPEI is crossing ADM's River Track. 

The Caterpillar loads are bound for export. They'll be interchanged to Norfolk Southern at East Peoria and end up at either Norfolk, Virginia or Savannah, Georgia where they'll be loaded onto an ocean-going vessel. 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

  1. It was a good catch I haven't seen Cat equipment on a train in a while so it was a good change of pace and a cool location i never had the nerve to try. My video is downloading now on that one I linked your video in description because it's a better video than mine and stated such. lol. I'm impressed how good quality your zoom is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use a Canon PowerShot 410 IS which has 20 Megapixel capability. It's just a point and shoot camera. I'm happy with it. I paid less than $200 for it in June 2016.

      Delete
    2. Probably could find something on amazon that's better than mine for 100 bucks maybe less. My zoom makes it look weird for some reason. But it's a cheap 45 dollar camera so it is what it is. I will upgrade one day.

      Delete
    3. I chose a discontinued model, so that's probably why it was cheaper than my previous Canon I bought six year earlier in 2010.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)