Wind Turbine Towers Being Unloaded Today! (Corrected)



The first trainload of wind farm components for Walnut Ridge Wind Farm in Bureau County arrived East Peoria early Monday. On Tuesday, they were unloaded. 

A cut of 18 flat cars still loaded with Vestas wind turbine towers sits on track B-19 at the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's East Peoria Yard. As evidenced by towers sitting on the ground at left, many others had already been unloaded before I recorded this scene Tuesday afternoon, February 27, 2018. 


- David P. Jordan

Comments

  1. Ok so not to be a smart mouth ( I'm good at that) but they just lay them on the muddy ground after being unloaded? I figured there would be a little bit more protection but I don't know how all of this is done so don't mind me. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is some blocking placed underneath the towers to prevent them from rolling...

      Delete
  2. Oh good. I guess i'm blind as a bat it's hard to make out.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)