Honoring America's Armed Forces




Last October, Union Pacific unveiled "The Spirit"...

...and I saw it for the first time Wednesday. 

I learned that UP 1943 was leading a Union Pacific Office Car Special (OCS) out of Ridgely (Springfield) early that afternoon and realized I had a good chance to catch it before going to work. 

I decided to wait at Amtrak's Uptown Station in Normal. There aren't many good places to shoot video or stills in the city, but I decided upon this spot as it enabled me to get out of town quickly.

The train passed my position at 2:04pm. A quiet zone is now in effect, so the lowering grade crossing gates were the only sign of its approach.

UP 1943 and UP 7943 led ten passenger cars toward Global 4 (Joliet Intermodal Terminal) and ultimately, the Ogilvie Transportation Center in downtown Chicago.

You can read more about this locomotive here

- David P. Jordan

Comments

  1. Saw this engine while out for work impressive

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)