TP&W/NS/CN Action on Thursday!

Thursday morning, I specifically went into East Peoria for some train action. I missed BNSF's M-GALPEI, which probably arrived early (BNSF 1766-541-1409 were sitting on TZPR's Creve Coeur Team Track around 1000).

I exited I-74 and found a local, probably an East Peoria to Collier Yard turn, ready to come out of the TP&W's East Peoria Yard. I waited for it at W. Washington Street, shooting this scene just before it diverged left onto the Nickel Plate. TPW 5008 and TPW 3046 had 27 cars.


Perhaps an hour after the TP&W went by, I caught Norfolk Southern local D49 arriving  with NS 3521 and NS 6948, and 17 cars. An hour-and-a-half later, D49 left for Good Yard with NS 6948 and NS 3521, and 15 cars.


Power for Canadian National Railway local L557 (East Peoria IL to Decatur IL) was resting on the Creve Coeur Team Track when I arrived. By noon, the crew had boarded and coupled onto the outbound train. I recorded its departure at Wesley East then Hilliards. CN 5715 and CN 5633 have 29 cars. The block of scrap metal empties mid-train was unusual. 




- David P. Jordan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)