Iowa Interstate PESI 1-22-22


I knew Iowa Interstate was running SIPE overnight with a pair of SD38-2s, so I woke up Saturday morning with plans to catch PESI. The TZPR's East Peoria Yard was emptier than usual and there was no PESI-like train on the lead toward the bridge. Did I miss PESI? It was when I passed a traffic backup by the RiverPlex entrance that I realized I had just missed the train. I quickly caught up to begin my chase to Tiskilwa!

A pair of SD38-2s - 153 and 152 - led 99 cars (14 loads/85 empties) Scenes are at Peoria (Detweiller Park), Rome (3rd Street), the Marshall Wildlife Viewing Area near Sparland, just south of Henry, at Bureau Junction and near Tiskilwa on the east-west mainline. 

Today's PESI had six scrap metal and eight alcohol loads (five beverage, two fuel-grade and one industrial). The scrap metal is probably going to Gerdau AmeriSteel at Wilton, Iowa though SSAB North America at Montpelier, Iowa on Canadian Pacific is a possibility. 

The usual grain mash empties were joined by grain empties (IAIS-marked covered hoppers) and soybean oil empties. 

- David P. Jordan


Comments

  1. Passenger trains in Peoria. Here's a link to the survey. And, David, I think you should bid on performing the feasibility study

    http://www.peoriagov.org/mayor-ali-provides-update-on-passenger-rail-and-announces-survey/

    https://www.ilapa.org/post/city-of-peoria-passenger-rail-study

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)