Iowa Interstate Potash Train January 15, 2022

I woke up this morning at 0900 to find a Facebook post telling me that Iowa Interstate unit potash train DAVPE (Davenport IA to Peoria IL) had passed Mossville, Illinois at 0855 hours.

I figured I could make intercept the train before it slowed to 10mph as it neared Peoria, and I did. It didn't hurt that it stopped near Detweiller Park, several miles south of Mossville. This enabled me to capture the train at one of my favorite spots - a side road near Quality Metal Products in the old San Koty station area. 

Video shows it rolling by the San Koty (Peoria Heights), Illinois area late morning Saturday, January 15, 2022. IAIS 508-718-152 have 104 cars for interchange to the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad

The crew was expected to return to Silvis engine lite as there is no PEDAV or PESI to take with them.

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)