TP&W Local/Transfer and TZPR Local 2-6-22


I checked this morning on my way to church, and what do I see hanging out onto TP&W's Peoria Sub


TPW 5010 and TPW 3442, running long hood forward, have 50 cars. Breakdown was 25 corn for ADM South Yard in Peoria and 25 manifest for TZPR). As for the latter, it was mostly nitrogen fertilizer solution and alcohol empties but with one soybean meal load.


On my way home, I did some exploring and found a Tazewell & Peoria Railroad running from Kickapoo Yard to East Peoria. It is shown at S. Darst Street. TZPR 1521 has 23 cars. Breakdown is 12 scrap metal or steel ingot empties, eight wire rod loads and three DDGS/mash loads.

Cars 6, 9 and 10 had Ferromex lettering (FXE), and are reported to have arrived East Peoria via BNSF loaded with steel ingots. I guess Liberty Steel & Wire found a good deal in Mexico?

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)