BNSF M-PEIGAL and Union Pacific MPECL 3-29-22

After work, I headed to Adams Street Yard and found Union Pacific's MPECL on the Low Line main. I didn't see a crew though. The LPD01 job reportedly worked later than usual today, hence MPECL got called at a later time than usual. It finally left a little before 6:00pm. More on that later. 

As I parked at a nearby lot to wait for signs of life on MPECL, BNSF's M-PEIGAL rolls by, so I got ahead of it in the old Molitor Junction area and shot this video around 4:00pm. 

BNSF 3196 and HLCX 3889 have 51 cars (21 loads, 30 empties). Note four Komatsu truck chassis loads. 



I decided to return to Adams Street to see if the Union Pacific train showed signs of leaving soon. It didn't, so I spent a little time at the downtown library. 

Enroute to my parent's home (the reason I head out on Tuesday), I caught radio chatter on the UP channel and when I crossed the tracks at West Farmington Road a few minutes before 6:00pm, I found the signal lit green. I only waited a few minutes before MPECL rolled by. 

UP 2658 and UP 5758, running elephant-style, have 29 cars. (Go figure, they have a single unit with the heavier trains that frequently stalled on Pioneer Hill,. Now they have a second unit when train sizes return to normal... )



- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)