Iowa Interstate SIPE 3-17-22


I learned that Iowa Interstate Railroad manifest SIPE (Silvis IL to Peoria IL) was called for 1100 this morning and correctly calculated that it would be in Peoria by mid-afternoon. I was driving I-74 westbound when I heard the crew release its track warrant from Bureau Junction to the North Limit Yard in Peoria.

So with the sun directly lined up with the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad mainline along the downtown rivefront, I decided to capture it at Persimmon Street, where it jogs a bit to enter the West Yard.

Video shows it polishes TZPR's rusty rails late this afternoon. IAIS 515 has just 29 cars.

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)