Norfolk Southern D36 3-1-22


Monday after work, I went to Bloomington-Normal hoping to repeat last week's encounter with Norfolk Southern Railway local D36.

Working first shift prevents me from seeing all but a late D49 on its return trip from East Peoria to Normal, but a late running D36 on weekdays or Saturday mornings occasionally will satisfy my desire for an encounter.

I was unsuccessful Monday. D36 had already left in the morning, but D49 had a neat, 39-car car pull from the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's East Peoria Yard which included Caterpillar D9 and D11 loads, and two Komatsu truck chassis loads. Fortunately, was called Tuesday afternoon and included Monday and Tuesday's D49 traffic!

I drove by Good Yard to find D36 already moving. Although slow motorists made me worry I couldn't reach the W. Market location I usually favor for afternoon video, D36 had to stop and wait for Amtrak's Texas Eagle to clear BN Target before getting the signal.

NS 3298 and NS 6084 have 60 cars - four on the head end "turned" at Good Yard and Monday/Tuesday receipt from the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad at East Peoria.

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)