Norfolk Southern, Keokuk Junction and Union Pacific - 4-8-22

 I took a "floating holiday" Friday and went to Bloomington in hopes of catching Union Pacific's LSF54 local there switch the Cargill soybean processing plant in town. I saw that and more. Had I not arrived when I did, I wouldn't have known what was happening with Norfolk Southern local D49. I stayed until late morning, and waited for it to drag D32 into town.

Norfolk Southern Railway local D49 was busy on Friday, April 8, 2022. The crew took NS 5174 engine lite to Gibson City to fetch NS 3882 and 43 cars of Train D32 (Decatur IL to Normal IL), classified it and then went to East Peoria with 34 cars. Scenes are at Bloomington, Normal, Goodfield and at N. Morton Ave. near Crandall. Final scene shows D49 at East Peoria on its return leg to Normal with NS 3882-5174 and 20 cars.


Later this afternoon, I decided to check on Union Pacific's MPECL. I heard the crew radio the dispatcher, so I knew it was moving along the Low Line out to Peoria Junction. That's when I noticed the Keokuk Junction Railway's East Peoria Turn. I shot video at S. Darst Street and then went after the Union Pacific train. CEFX 2014 and CEFX 2022 have 17 cars. 


I set out at W. Farmington Road, staying in the car because of the rain/snow showers mix. UP 8357 has just 15 cars.


- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)