Union Pacific MPECL 4-19-22




More misses than hits today...

At 3:35 or so, I saw a monster Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) strung out onto the Low Line, preparing for departure. But other activity nearly distracted my attention - An empty BNSF coal train going west and the Keokuk Junction Railway's East Peoria-bound local. I missed the latter in hopes of catching the former and MPECL.

Naturally, a decision to drive Kickapoo Creek Road instead of I-474 and a slow driver killed my one chance to capture both trains together at the W. Farmington Road crossing! Aaaaargh! I had to drive north to Milepost 59 to capture MPECL.

At the video link, you will see MPECL rolling by the north end of 12,000-foot Edelstein Siding late this afternoon. UP 5758 and UP 6493 have 97 cars, mainly due to a big block of dry sorbent empties and coal cars.

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)