Union Pacific MPECL and Iowa Interstate SIPE 4-5-22

After work this afternoon, I decided to head to the downtown library. Normally, I'd check on Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) but the soggy weather changed my plans...

...until I heard the MPECL crew get track a track warrant from Peoria Junction to Pottstown. Despite the steady showers, I decided I could make my favorite spot on W. Farmington Road. The northbound signal was green so I knew I wasn't too late. Minutes after my arrival, the train rolled by. UP 5017 had 53 cars.


Thanks to social media, I learned that Iowa Interstate Railroad manifest SIPE (Silvis IL to Peoria IL) had been reported by Chillicothe at 3;21pm. So I figured I had time to get downtown and wait for it under Interstate 74. Sure enough, minutes after my arrival, IAIS 510 and IAIS 507 rolled by on the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad with a monster train of 119 cars!


- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)