Canadian National L557 5-24-22



When I drove by Adams Street Yard this afternoon, MPECL was gone. A learned shortly that it was being assembled by the LDP01 crew, which is operating via the Peoria Sub and Pekin Bridge, Crescent Junction, Powerton Yard and...if I heard correctly, the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's Pekin double track. This is a temporary arrangement for the TZPR bridge is back in service, hopefully later this week.

The MPECL crew was said to be on duty at 1800, and sure enough around 1730, I did find a rather lengthy cut stretching from SW Adams Street's viaduct almost to the TZPR connection at the other end. I had other plans, so I didn't see it depart, though there is evidence that this train (or another) stalled on Pioneer Hill. When I went home this evening, I noticed a single unit holding the main at Pottstown. 

Anyway, I did capture Canadian National Railway local L557 departing East Peoria. Video shows it rolling by Hilliards in late afternoon. Later, the train is shown shortly after entering home rails at IC Junction in downtown Pekin. CN 5291 and CN 8894 have 30 cars. 

I also shot a brief scene of the train at Koch Street in Pekin pulling three lumber loads and a steel coil load for Amerhart and Hanna Steel, respectively. I inadvertently ommitted this from my video, but may upload separately. 

- David P. Jordan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)