BNSF Railway M-PEIGAL 7-17-22



After a trip to Lafayette, Indiana and return, I came home and happened to catch BNSF Railway train M-PEIGAL!

As I glanced from I-474, I probably mistook an earlier M-GALPEI (parked on the New Long Main for the week!) for an M-PEIGAL on the mainline. After a brief turnaround in Bartonville, all I could see was the M-GALPEI. But then I heard radio chatter about a "BNSF 8386 West."

I found it racing under Harmon Highway (Rt. 116), so I tried to get ahead of it. I could have stopped at Pottstown, but the shadows were bad. I opted for Kramm Road, where M-PEIGAL rolled by just before 1900 hours. BNSF 8386 and BNSF 6674 have 45 cars.

Sunday isn't the usual day for this train (or counterpart M-GALPEI), but operations on BNSF's Galesburg-Peoria line have yet to recover from the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad bridge outage from May 21 to June 30. 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)