Keokuk Junction Railway Local 7-14-22



I usually take the direct route (I-74) to the downtown library. Today, I absent-mindedly took I-474 the south side first. I'm glad I did, because I noticed the tail end of the Keokuk Junction Railway's East Peoria Turn on its return leg to Mapleton.

Video below shows the KJRY local before and after pulling TP&W and Union Pacific interchange at Collier Yard in Bartonville, Illinois mid-afternoon Thursday, July 14, 2022.

CEFX 2022 and CEFX 2014 left the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's East Peoria Yard with ten cars. At Collier, the train added two (head end) and six (rear) from the TP&W and Union Pacific, respectively, swelling it to 18 cars. The empty, open-top hoppers in the consist is interesting...

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)