TP&W-BNSF Grain Train 7-13-22



Shortly after leaving the downtown library, I picked up the St. Albans dispatcher giving a TP&W crew permission to run from Milepost 94 (Cruger) to Milepost 106 (East Peoria). 

I actually saw an empty, eastbound BNSF grain train at W. Farmington Road at 6:00pm last evening, so I expected the loaded train to head west this evening. 

I was correct. Moments later, I heard "westbound" and "BNSF 7912." So I headed to Cruger. 

Due to the lowering sun, I thought it best to capture this train of Texas-bound corn loads at Dee-Mack Road, situated between Cruger and Washington. The sun was at a good angle as well. 

BNSF 7912 is on the point of 116 corn loads for Texas. BNSF 4238 is DPU. Power runbys are at Dee-Mack Road between Cruger and Washington and at Washington. The former scene is repeated but with the whole train.

Before the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's lift bridge failure, TP&W was handling one and even two loaded and empty grain trains each per day for BNSF. Now that the bridge is back in service, these trains have returned, though they are not running as frequently (yet). 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)