BNSF Coal Empties, Union Pacific MPECL 8-26-22

Lightning doesn't strike twice in the same week. Briefly today, it looked like it might. 

When I drove over SW Adams Street around 3:40 pm, I noticed Union Pacific train MPECL moving underneath, but also an empty BNSF coal train holding the main. Thinking of the possibilities, I turned around and drove to my usual W. Farmington Road spot.
 
Soon, the Union Pacific train had the green signal, and I actually thought I might be able to repeat Tuesday's encounter. The BNSF train appeared first, crawling. I was afraid MPECL would pass before the BNSF train cleared. BNSF 9300 and BNSF 6625 were on the point. BNSF 8530 brought up the rear as DPU. 
 


The BNSF coal empties cleared with still no MPECL in sight. Naturally, I grew impatient and drove down Kickapoo Creek Road. Predictably, I saw it rolling by Milepost 80 (just south of Harmon Highway), so I turned around and returned to my prior spot. 

Finally at 4:45 pm, Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolled by my position. UP 5182 and UP 6782 had 47 cars.


- David P. Jordan
 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)