TP&W Power Move/Iowa Interstate SIPE 8-31-22

Normally, I drive straight to the downtown library on Wednesdays after work. But scanner chatter and a visual, kept me monitoring TP&W action at the west end of its East Peoria Yard instead.

I stuck around long enough to capture a power move to the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's East Peoria Yard. The units were going to the diesel shop, but tie replacement work on the Nickel Plate Division required a detour through the yard itself. TPW 3442, TPW 2070, TPW 5008, TPW 1539 and HESR 3485.




Later, I learned that Iowa Interstate manifest SIPE (Silvis IL to Peoria IL) had passed Mossville at 1815 hours. I was in Creve Coeur, so I couldn't intercept the train before it reached ten mph territory in The Narrows. The sunset promised long shadows. One thing I hate is partial light and shadows for pics and video, so I picked all shadows in the Bond Street area near downtown. 

IAIS 506 and IAIS 153 have 117 cars, mostly loads containing corn, soybeans, distillers' grain, potash, and at least eleven empties (last containing beverage, denatured and ethyl alcohol, and coil steel). Note three Incobrasa Industries covered hoppers near the end of the train.



- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)