Union Pacific MPECL 8-5-22

 


Union Pacific train MPECL has been leaving early more often than not, so I find my favorite locations without delay. 

When I write "early," I mean that the crew calls the dispatcher between 3:30 and 3:40 Tuesday and Friday afternoon. Used to, the crew seemed to call around 4:00 o'clock sharp. 

I've missed it a number of times, assuming the old routine. Friday was not one of those days. I shot video at Milepost 80 (the old Molitor Junction), just south of Harmon Highway, and again at Pottstown, where the train enters the double track for the trip up Pioneer Hill. 

Union Pacific AC4400CW-CTE No. 5702, a General Electric product built in January 2001, led 26 cars on the Peoria, Illinois to Clinton, Iowa train. 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)