Iowa Interstate PESI 9-30-22



I saw Iowa Interstate train PESI this evening...

Leaving the downtown library about 5:50 pm, but just before getting in my car, I heard a locomotive horn down by the riverfront. Naturally, I went to investigate. I saw the slow-moving freight from Hamilton Street, and immediately identified it as an Iowa Interstate train. 

Evening shadows limited good spots for video, so I opted for those with full (or almost full shadows) for power runbys in downtown Peoria, The Narrows and another location a short distance north before capturing the whole train at the old San Koty area.

IAIS 152 has 41 cars. The block of covered hoppers on the head end appeared loaded (I assume with distillers' grain mash) while there were also beverage, industrial and denatured alcohol loads. A block of potash empties bring up the rear. 
 
- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)