TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer, CN L556 Pekin Turn 9-10-22

 I had some errands to do before heading east Sunday for a long planned trip: Pay bills, oil change, etc. 

On my way back through East Peoria, I came across some orange units working the west end of TP&W's East Peoria Yard. I got some lunch nearby, hoping for some action 15-20 minutes later if I lingered.

I'm happy with the result: A TP&W-to-TZPR transfer rounds the curve before entering the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's East Peoria Yard early afternoon Saturday, September 10, 2022. IMRR 1550 and IMRR 43 have 64 cars (15 loads, 49 empties).

I wasn't disappointed.

Train likely has a Tazewell & Peoria RR crew because TZPR 1550 led a local from Kickapoo Yard to East Peoria Friday and IMRR 43, which returned recently after getting new paint and [resumably] some mechanical work, is usually assigned to TZPR service.



For railfans, the value of social media and smart phones is immense.

I learned CN local L556, which I have been told usually makes a Decatur-to-Mount Pulaski turn on Saturdays, was going to make a Pekin turn on this one!

When I found it in mid-afternoon, the crew had just arrived South Pekin, where it dropped TZPR cars in the siding, dug out three coil steel loads for Hanna Steel, "turned" at Pekin then left them on Hanna Steel's spur. CN 5663 had 24 cars, including an empty, three-unit intermodal well car!


- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)