TP&W-to-TP&W Transfer, Iowa Interstate SIPE 9-29-22

Two encounters this afternoon...

On my way to the downtown library, I heard a crew ask permission to run from Farmdale to P&PU Junction and intot he north end of the TZPR's East Peoria Yard. Immediately, I knew this was a transfer from TP&W to TZPR. Problem was, I had just exited I-74 in downtown Peoria, so I had to go back across the river. Turns out, I had plenty of time.

Honestly, I was hoping for a big transfer led by a lashup of two or three TP&W motors, but the last M-train (MEFEP) arrived Wednesday morning. Heavy transfer work would have been done yesterday. But it was neat to capture IMRR 43 and TPW 1538 negotiate the TZPR toward West Washington Street with 19 cars. Given that IMRR 43 is usually assigned to TZPR, I assume this has a TZPR crew. 



I knew of another movement bound for our area. I even had time to look through several newspapers from June 1942 before intercepting it!

Iowa Interstate Railroad manifest SIPE (Silvis IL to Peoria IL) is shown at both Mossville and San Koty, Illinois early this evening. IAIS 152 pulls HZRX 2960 and HZRX 2676 and 40 cars.

The HZRX units are SD40M-2s enroute from National Railway Equipment Co.'s Silvis facility to Hach Excavation & Demolition in Painesville, Ohio via Peoria and Norfolk Southern.Assuming there are no issues with these units, they will likely continue east Friday on Norfolk Southern local D49 to Good Yard, thence D36 to Bement or Decatur for forwarding on an eastbound manifest. 



- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)