Union Pacific MPECL 9-2-22



As usual, I tried capturing Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) closer to W. Farmington Road, but an early departure forced a serious modification of my plans.

I drove by Adams Street Yard to find it empty. so I turned around, exit to I-474 and got off on Airport Road in hopes I could intercept the train before it reached my favorite spot (I've succeeded before doing this).

This time, I could see the tail end as I entered Kickapoo Creek Road. I decided my best bet to capture this train was to head north on I-474 and Route 6. I intended to exit onto US 150 and make it to Pioneer Station (Brauer Road), but a long-winded traffic light, construction and heavy traffic forced a new plan: I'd get back on Route 6 and make my way to Akron.

That plan succeeded. MPECL approached my location only minutes after I arrived. Video above shows it passing the Akron Services elevator late this afternoon.

UP 5818 and UP 7059 have 48 cars, including eleven boxcars from the Keokuk Junction Railway. Behind block of nine boxcars behind the power are three FSR-marked scrap metal loads, also from KJRY. I assume these were loaded at Hitchcock Scrap Yard at Canton.

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)