Union Pacific MPECL 10-21-22 (Cat Tractor, Ten Boxcars, and...it stalled!)



I went straight to W. Farmington Road this afternoon without checking Adams Street Yard. I'm glad I did because as I turned left from the Airport Road-Harmon Highway connection onto Kickapoo Creek Road, I saw MPECL's approach. I didn't have to wait long at my favorite spot. 

CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls by W. Farmington Road mid-afternoon Friday, October 21, 2022. UP 6365 has 48 cars, including a Caterpillar tractor load (7th car) and ten boxcars (including a bright yellow UP repaint).

Train reportedly stalled about four miles north of here (and may still be there as I post this at 1641). A single unit with many loads will do that...

- David P. Jordan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)