Union Pacific MPECL w/BNSF Coal Empties As Guest! 12-30-22


I wanted to get MPECL for the last time this year. I succeeded, but got a not-so-unexpected guest...

I saw with my own eyes trains on both lines at this location in 1978 and 2011. I captured it on video for the first time August 23 this year. Now, I've done that twice!
CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls by W. Farmington Road near Peoria, Illinois late afternoon Friday, December 30, 2022. UP 7102 has 55 cars. Before it cleared, an empty BNSF coal train appeared. So for the second time this year, I captured simultaneous BNSF and Union Pacific action at this location!

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)