Norfolk Southern D49 3-6-23

Rivian Automotive's rising production schedule is requiring Norfolk Southern local D49 to spot empty autoracks more and more frequently before leaving for East Peoria. At least that is my conclusion, based on how late D49 can be seen leaving from East Peoria on some days. 


I happened to be in the right place at the right time this afternoon. Although a short train with a single unit, it is good to see this train. I've been working on first shift since July 6, 2021, and have seen the train only five times since then.

Once (October 11) was due to taking personal time to fix a tire issue. When I got that done, I went to East Peoria and managed to catch D49 arriving and departing. On April 8, 2022, I took a "floating holiday" to do some railfanning in Bloomington/Normal (for my McLean County Rails documentary) and caught it running in both directions. 

Once each month this year so far, I've managed to catch it leaving East Peoria well after 3:00 pm.


CAPTION: Norfolk Southern D49 at Farmdale (East Peoria), Illinois mid-afternoon Monday, March 6, 2023. NS 7014 has 14 cars for Good Yard in Normal. 

- David P. Jordan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)