Norfolk Southern D49 and TP&W M-EPEF

I took a ("use it or lose it") floating holiday today, so I'm attempting to capture what I normally miss. My first success was Norfolk Southern's arriving local, D49. I went across the river shortly for lunch. When I returned less than an hour later, NS power was nowhere to be seen. Apparently, TZPR hadn't any cars for them, which seems odd for a Friday. 

This afternoon's Union Pacific train MPECL will likely be a monster as Adams Street Yard is full of cars. I hope they leave before the storms hit...


CAPTION: Norfolk Southern Railway train D49 (Normal IL to E. Peoria IL turn) is shown late-morning Friday, March 31, 2023 shortly before arriving the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's East Peoria Yard. NS 6122 and NS 6108 had 20 cars. Power apparently left engine lite less than an hour later.

I chose between this one and Union Pacific's MPECL. TP&W operations are much less predictable, so I'm glad I got this. Turns out, I shot it in the last place I could have as it sat several hours, picking up soybean loads at Grainland Co-op for Incobrasa and likely waiting for the track department to inspect the line for debris after a confirmed tornado near Eureka. 


CAPTION: The Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway's M-EPEF crawls toward Cruger, Illinois early afternoon Friday, Mar. 31, 2023 as a tornadic thunderstorm nears. TPW 3046, TPW 1538, TPW 2070 and MQT 3407 have 60 cars.

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)