Iowa Interstate PESI 4-20-23

I happened to see the tail end of the train as I crossed the river this afternoon. Immediately, I thought of those eight dry bulk fertilizer behind IMRR 43 on last evening's TZPR transfer from the TP&W's East Peoria Yard.

I speculated that these were loaded at Growmark's Mapleton terminal and would go to either BNSF or Iowa Interstate. Turns out, they left on today's Iowa Interstate PESI, and are probably consigned to the Growmark terminal at Stuart, Iowa. (There were a total of 16, presumably all loaded at Mapleton.)


CAPTION: Iowa Interstate manifest PESI (Peoria IL to Silvis IL) rolls by the San Koty (Peoria Heights) area shortly after leaving Peoria, Illinois late-afternoon Thursday, April 20, 2023. IAIS 503 and IAIS 511 have 85 cars.

- David P. Jordan 

Comments

  1. I thought was you I saw, I was driving by in the narrows as it was passing first set of houses. Saw somebody recording thought I m going to check his blog see if I was right. Keep up the hard work

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a still photo in the Narrows as it began to rain. Of course, I wanted to get the train at higher speed at my favorite spot a few miles north.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)