Norfolk Southern D49 4-17-23

I took a chance this afternoon and went to East Peoria immediately after work, as a lengthy D49 had been reported leaving Good Yard in Normal around 2:00pm-ish. I figured there was a possibility the train would have to wait for TZPR and/or TP&W movements before given instructions into the TZPR East Peoria Yard. 

I probably missed it by ten minutes. I drove the Cedar Street Extension around 3:20 and saw NS 6975 and NS 7014 on A-1 Track, having just cut off the inbound. So I stuck around to capture the train's departure. I went to the downtown library, and came back in time to find D49 crossing N. Main Street. 

The train had 25 loads and one empty (a gondola). Radio chatter indicated NS 7014 was off-line, and the crew asked the NS dispatcher for a work between. I shot my video around 1645 hours, and the crew's hours-of-service expired at 1800. If they made it back to Good Yard, they did so just barely. 


CAPTION: Norfolk Southern Railway local D49 is shown late-afternoon Monday, April 17, 2023 rolling through the eastern fringes of East Peoria, Illinois on the return leg to Good Yard in Normal. NS 6975 and NS 7014 have 26 cars.

- David P. Jordan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)