Canadian National L557 5-4-23

Just before leaving work this afternoon, social media provided a heads up that Canadian National's L557 local had permission to leave East Peoria with work to be done at Pekin and Emden. I figured I could intercept it at Pekin. Sure enough, that is where I found it.

When I arrived, the crew had already pulled four empties from Hanna Steel. Due to backlighting, I elected not to capture them shoving several coil steel loads into the plant. I did, however, capture switching operations at Amerhart Ltd's facility. After that, I waited at 5th Street for the train's imminent departure. 

After Delavan, I made a vain attempt to capture Union Pacific's MBNAS at Lincoln. I figured it would appear around 6:45 or 7:00, but there was no sign of it. Now I wish I'd stayed with the CN local at Emden. 

Finally, I managed a final video as the train banged across the Union Pacific diamond at Lincoln. 



CAPTION: Canadian National Railway train L557 (Local, E. Peoria IL to Decatur IL) is shown at varius locations late-afternoon/early evening Thursday, May 4, 2023. We begin with L557 switching Amerhart Ltd. on Pekin, Illinois' south side (the crew had already switched Hanna Steel). Next, we see L557 race across 5th Street near South Pekin. Rolling through Delavan, the train had 25 grain empties added at South Pekin that were dropped at the Encompass Grain & Rail elevator at Emden. Finally, we see L557 banging across the Union Pacific diamond at Lincoln at sunset. CN 8892 and CN 2264 left the Tazewell & Peoria Railroads East Peoria Yard with 26 cars. It left Pekin with 31 and had 56 leaving South Pekin, reducing to 31 again after working the elevator at Emden.


- David P. Jordan

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)