Norfolk Southern D49, Union Pacific MPECL, TP&W M-EPEF 5-5-23

This afternoon and evening, I managed to catch three catch three local movements. I knew the Norfolk Southern train had already departed East Peoria, so I left work and immediately drove to Crandall. I glanced down Harding Road to see it had just passed. I was able to get ahead of it and shoot a runby with my phone at Deer Creek. 


CAPTION: Norfolk Southern Railway train D49 rolls through Deer Creek, Illinois on its return leg to Good Yard in Normal, Illinois mid-afternoon Friday, May 5, 2023. NS 6975, NS 3328 and NS 7014 have just seven cars. 

After successfully capturing the Norfolk Southern train, I went home, grabbed my laptop and a snack, and headed for Adams Street Yard. Scanner chatter, however, indicated the train was already getting its track warrants. So I went directly to W. Farmington Road and waited, but not for long. The train's short consist was due to lack of KJRY interchange thanks to Mississippi River flooding. TP&W interchange seems lacking as well, but why is unclear. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls by W. Farmington Road shortly after leaving Adams Street Yard in Peoria, Illinois late-afternoon Friday, May 5, 2023. UP 5559 and 6712 have just eight cars!
 
Later, I learned that a TP&W road freight had left East Peoria. I wasn't going to chase it but when confirmed to me that it would be switching at Cruger, I took the chance. Although lighting was poor by this time, I'm glad I made the effort. The train's consist illustrates how important Incobrasa Industries is to this carrier. 


CAPTION: Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway train M-EPEF (Manifest, E. Peoria IL to Effner IL) rolls across N. Main Street in Eureka, Illinois early evening Friday, May 5, 2023. HESR 3485, MQT 3407, IORY 5013, TPW 3440 have 87 cars.
 
- David P. Jordan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)