Union Pacific MPECL 5-16-23

I nearly missed it on account of a slow motorist on Kickapoo Creek Road. No boxcars from KJRY nor zinc oxide loads from TP&W, but I'm glad I made the effort.

I should have crossed the river immediately afterward as I missed Norfolk Southern local D49 leaving town shortly after 4:00. Reported power was NS 6975 and NS 6122 with a Komatsu chassis load up front, some FE Trading scrap metal gons, and the usual tank cars and covered hoppers. Much of this, I'm sure, was delivered by KJRY yesterday afternoon. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls across W. Farmington Road mid-afternoon Tuesday, May 16, 2023 shortly after leaving Adams Street Yard in Peoria, Illinois. UP 7826 has 35 cars.
 
- David P. Jordan 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)