Union Pacific LPD01 - June 5, 2023

Before heading home from the downtown library this evening, I noticed that Union Pacific's Adams Street Yard was mostly empty with no sign of locomotives for tomorrow's MPECL.

As I crossed the river, I saw the LPD01 local job crawling across the river from East Peoria. I quickly turned around and reached Darst Street with seconds to spare.

One thing for sure: This decent-sized receipt from the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad today should guarantee Tuesday's MPECL will have at least 50 cars after KJRY and TP&W interchange is added.

I'm scratching my head, though, on the six phosphoric acid empties coming from TZPR. Usually, they come from TP&W at Collier Yard. Perhaps MacroSource LLC's (ex-Gavilon) terminal on Wesley Road was getting these as loads?


CAPTION: Union Pacific train LPD01, the Adams Street Yard-based "Peoria Wayfreight," returns home from East Peoria with UP 8949, UP 8094 and 32 cars for Tuesday's MPECL. 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)