Norfolk Southern D49 7-5-23

I learned that this train had departed East Peoria, so I left home and drove up N. Main Street in time to hear it roaring up East Peoria Hill. It was still raining so I ducked under a tree and used my camera phone for the first scene. I barely caught it at Deer Creek but couldn't set up in time, so I got ahead of it at Carlock. 

A number of empty covered hoppers near the head end are unusual. Perhaps these are storage cars coming off the KJRY?


CAPTION: Norfolk Southern train D49, operating the return leg from East Peoria to Normal (Good Yard), Illinois late-afternoon Wednesday, July 5, 2023, is shown at N. Main Street on the outskirts of Morton, Illinois and again at Carlock 30 minutes later. NS 6108 and NS 6173 have 60 cars. Note Komatsu chassis load and two Caterpillar tractor loads near the front.
 
David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)