UP MPECL, CN L557, TZPR Potash w/THREE end-cab switchers! 7-25-23

I caught the Union Pacific freight as I usually do on Tuesday after work. Usual traffic, but at least a decent-sized train of 60 cars from IMRR (via TZPR), KJRY, TP&W and TZPR itself. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls across W. Farmington Road shortly after departing Adams Street in Peoria, Illinois late-afternoon Tuesday, July 25, 2023. UP 7432 has 60 cars. 

I knew the CN local was reported at Hilliards around the time I saw the UP freight, so I headed that way, and down Rt. 29 where I passed the local. I set up by the old C&IM depot at Pekin for video. The train came by a short time later. The two RISX-marked covered hoppers are curious, but I were empty so I doubt they had anything to do to with Waelz Sustainable Products plant at Clymers, Indiana. Cars displaying these markings are among those regularly routed TPW-Peoria-UP from that plant. 

I should also note that this train had an empty sodium hydroxide solution tank car from PMP Fermentation Products, while the UP train I saw earlier had corn syrup empties from them as well. 


CAPTION: Canadian National Railway train L557 (Local, E. Peoria IL to Decatur IL) has just entered home rails at IC Junction in downtown Pekin, Illinois late-afternoon Tuesday, July 25, 2023. IC 1031 and CN 5732 have 23 cars. 

Before the CN train went by me, I knew a trio of end-cab EMD switchers was dragging a unit potash train from Main 2 at Wesley across the river and down the Southern Division to Mosaic Crop Nutrition in the Pekin Bottoms I was able to capture it just south of Bartonville. As I expected, it stopped so the conductor could radio the Union Pacific dispatcher for permission onto his mainline to reach the Mosaic spur. About 20 minutes later, the train was moving again...


CAPTION: The Tazewell & Peoria Railroad dragged an Iowa Interstate-delivered potash train along the Kickapoo Main to the UP mainline connection and Mosaic Crop Nutrition late-afternoon Tuesday, July 25, 2023. IMRR 43, TZPR 1521 and TZPR 1352 were on the point of the 105-car train. 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)