Union Pacific MPECL 9-1-23

I had to stay at work longer than expected, so I didn't leave until 4:30.

I thought I missed Union Pacific's MPECL.

After I got home, I received word that the crew told the dispatcher that they were going to pull three coal loads left on Edelstein Siding. These were left from the minor derailment involving a coal train at the Rt. 40 crossing south of Buda on August 5. 

Unfortunately, I saw the message nearly an hour after it was posted. But I took a chance and headed up to Edelstein. As I approached on Oertly Road, I saw two Union Pacific motors connected to those coal loads. So I made it in time. 

I didn't have to wait long. The UP crew pulled the loads along the siding and then shoved them into MPECL, waiting on the main track. Shortly, the train departed. 

Something a little different that the usual fare. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) picks up three coal loads from Edelstein Siding late-afternoon Friday, September 1, 2023. After adding thems to the train that was left on the main track, UP 7898 and UP 5373 pull 50 cars. (The three coal loads were involved in a minor derailment at Buda on August 5.) 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)