BNSF G-PEISMR, Union Pacific MPECL 10-6-23

I waited for this one at W. Farmington Road, got impatient, left and then quickly discovered that the train was nearing the crossing! I turned around and barely made it to Pottstown to capture this scene. I switched to 4K, so the video quality is very high and took quite a long time to upload. 


CAPTION: BNSF Railway G-PEISMR (Grain, Peoria IL to Summerfield TX) rolls by Pottstown, Illinois late-afternoon Friday, October 6, 2023. BNSF 7053 and BNSF 3835 have 100 gluten feed loads.

If not for a friend who reported MPECL's later-than-unusual (two hours) departure a little after 6:00pm, I would have given up on it. Due to low light conditions, I decided to use my phone. While there is some blur, I think it turned out well for the most part. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls by the old Pioneer Station on the northwest corner of Peoria, Illinois early evening Friday, October 6, 2023. UP 6361 and UP 7732 have 47 cars. 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)