BNSF M-GALPEI 10-16-23

While heading into town this afternoon, I noticed BNSF's M-PEIGAL made up in TZPR's East Peoria Yard Track A-35, so I figured M-GALPEI was due. Sure enough, minutes after I parked near W. Farmington Road, I heard a horn blowing through Pottstown. Moments later, it passed by my position.

I only had time to grab my phone and shoot the first scene. 

Late-afternoon October sun guarantees long shadows, so I decided to shoot it again at a atill-sunny spot as it entered the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad at S. Darst Street. I didin't have to wait for long. No sooner did the crew give up its track warrant to the BNSF dispatcher did they call the TZPR dispatcher for instructions. Within minutes, the conductor was on the ground, walked toward the switch to line it for his train. He returned to the cab and the train began to move again.


CAPTION: BNSF Railway train M-GALPEI (Manifest, Galesburg IL to Peoria IL) rolls by W. Farmington Road late-afternoon Monday, October 16, 2023. Later, it enters TZPR trackage at S. Darst Street in Peoria, Illinois. BNSF 1436, BNSF 7211 and BNSF 1407 have 62 cars (18 loads, 44 empties). 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)