Norfolk Southern D49, BNSF X-SMRPEI 10-10-23

Like last Tuesday, Union Pacific's MPECL left early, so I didn't see it. But I soon learned that Norfolk Southern's D49 local hadn't left East Peoria, so I investigated and was rewarded with a late-afternoon departure. Other than the two Caterpillar D9T loads (on 68' TZPR flats, which were designed for the D11), traffic was typical. 


CAPTION: Norfolk Southern Railway train D49 is shown departing East Peoria, Illinois on its return leg to Good Yard at Normal late-afternoon Tuesday, October 10, 2023. NS 3410 and NS 3362 has 27 cars, including two Caterpillar D9T track-type tractors. 

Earlier, I had received a brief video from a friend that an empty BNSF feed train (X-SMRPEI) had just departed Galesburg. After a failed attempt to capture D49 a second time, I headed west on I-74. Just as I crossed the tracks on W. Farmington Road, I saw the headlight to the northwest! I barel had time to park and set up for video. 


CAPTION: BNSF Railway X-SMRPEI (Grain Empties, Summerfield TX to Peoria IL) rolls by W. Farmington Road late-afternoon Tuesday, October 10, 2023. BNSF 4685 and BNSF 4717 have 100 gluten feed pellet empties for ADM's Wet Corn Plant in Decatur, Illinois via Canadian National. 

Both videos were shot in 4K, which I don't always do. Sudden movement can cause brief blur at that setting, so I use it when zooming in or out isn't necessary. 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)