BNSF M-GALPEI, TZPR Local 11-5-23

The time changed and I woke up earlier than usual Sunday morning, which was fortunate, because I learned that BNSF's M-GALPEI was enroute. I only needed to wait at W. Farmington Road for a few minutes before it showed up. Later, I shot it crossing Krause Avenue on the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad. 


CAPTION: BNSF Railway train M-GALPEI (Manifest, Galesburg IL to Peoria IL), running a day early, rolls by W. Farmington Road near Peoria, Illinois late-morning Sunday, November 5, 2023. Later, the train enters the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad at S. Darst Street to reach the East Peoria Yard. BNSF 8031 and BNSF 7837 have 52 cars (26 loads, 26 empties). 

In between the BNSF scenes, I saw a Tazewell & Peoria Railroad local bound for Mosaic Crop Nutrition with what I assume to be potash loads. 


CAPTION: A Tazewell & Peoria Railroad local rolls by Krause Avenue in Peoria, Illinois late-morning Sunday, November 5, 2023. Enroute from East Peoria to Mosaic Crop Nutrition LLC south of Bartonville, TZPR 1352 has three cars.

Radio chatter between the BNSF crew and a yard controller indicated a plan to take M-PEIGAL west, but I waited and waited. Something was wrong, I believe. Outbound was on A-35 and the EOT was flashing when I arrived around 1:00pm. Two loaded coal trains crossed the river this afternoon while I waited. Eventually, I gave up. Perhaps one of the coal train crews will take M-PEIGAL west?

- David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)