BNSF M-PEIGAL w/CP and CN Power! 11-2-23

As I left work, I learned that BNSF's M-PEIGAL received permission from the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad to depart East Peoria at 1410 hours. So I calculated that I could drive Interstate 74 to the Rt. 97 crossing east of Knoxville and backtrack, hopefully successfully intercepting the train before it stopped for a likely re-crew. 

And I did just that!

The CP and CN units were a little unusual, so I'm glad I made the trip. The train paused briefly at the County Road 17 crossing and then proceeded across Rt. 97, tying up short of S, Farnham Street in Galesburg for a re-crew. After sunset, the new crew got permission to enter the big hump yard. I had shot video of an eastbound and a westbound manifest on the Mendota Sub and didn't expect to see M-PEIGAL again. 


CAPTION: BNSF Railway train M-PEIGAL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Galesburg IL) is shown at Rt. 97 just east of Knoxville, Illinois late-afternoon Thursday, November 2, 2023. Later, after a re-crew, the train exits the Peoria Sub onto the Quincy Main and then the Peoria Connection to enter the Galesburg Yard. CP 8111 and CN 2300 have 46 cars. 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)