Union Pacific MPECL 11-14-23

I checked Adams Street Yard after work this afternoon, but the yard was empty! No MPECL! So I decided to head up to Edelstein Siding, where I found it parked near the north end. Better yet, the crew van arrived just ahead of me!

It appears that the the LPD01 crew repeated its Friday routine so it could pull an empty anhydrous ammonia tank car from Akron Services. 

The sun had set by the time the train departed but I think I managed some decent video with my phone camera (I forgot my regular camera). 

The ammonia empty is the sixth car back in compliance with FRA regulations to have five cars separating locomotives from Toxic Inhalation Hazard (TIH) or Poisonous Inhalation Hazard (PIH) load or empties. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls out of the north end of Edelstein Siding near Speer, Illinois late-afternoon Tuesday,  November 14, 2023. UP 8870 has 49 cars, including an empty anhydrous ammonia tank car (6th in consist) pulled from Akron Service by the LPD01 crew.

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)