Union Pacific MPECL 11-17-23

When I drove by Adams Street Yard a little after 1530 hours this afternoon, the train was already gone. Based on the past few MPECLs, I just went up to Edelstein to see if had been left there by the LPD01 job. When I arrived a little after 1600, I saw nothing. So I backtracked to Akron and waited.

Turns out, the train had departed Adams Street shortly before I arrived and was attacking Pioneer Hill as I raced up I-474 Rt. 6 and Rt. 88. I photographed three anhydrous ammonia tank cars on spot at Akron Services and then the train showed itself. The twelve zinc oxide covered hoppers (21st through 32nd cars) were on Saturday's TP&W westbound road freight. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls by Akron Services Inc, Akron, Illinois, late-afternoon Friday, November 17, 2023. UP 8934 has 47 cars. Note three anhydrous ammonia tank cars spotted for unloading in the background.

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)