Union Pacific MPECL 11-21-23

This past summer, when I happened to catch Union Pacific's MPECL switching Akron Services twice, my camera battery was low, so shooting switching action was limited. I had to complete the action with my phone camera, which has poor quality zoom capability.  

The past two weeks, UP has switched Akron Services, but the LPD01 crew performed this chore in the morning using the MPECL train and then tying up at Edelstein for the regular road crew in the afternoon. 

Finally this afternoon, I was able to catch this action with my camera battery fully-charged. The only downsides were overcast and early sunsets...

But I got it. A little blur here and there, but not bad. 


CAPTION: Union Pacific train MPECL (Manifest, Peoria IL to Clinton IA) rolls across W. Farmington Road near Peoria, Illinois a late afternoon Tuesday, November 21, 2023. UP 7334 and UP 8870 have 61 cars. Later, it stops to pull three empty anhydrous ammonia tank cars from Akron Services, giving it 64 cars. 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)