TP&W Morton Job 12-3-23

I guess this movement is no longer rare...

I caught it November 11, November 19 and now today, December 3. The TP&W crew had IMRR 2108, which I may have seen earlier switching tank cars at the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's East Peoria "B" Yard. I can't confirm this this as it was too far away. 

I have, however, seen a TP&W crew return to East Peoria from Morton with a few tank cars, grab a covered hopper and deliver to TZPR directly. So it wouldn't be a stretch to have them run over to TZPR engine lite, grab a loaded tank car and then make the Morton trip directly from there.

Fort Transfer Company now has five tank cars, all delivered since November 11 (three that day, and one each the other days). That makes nine for the whole year - a 900% increase over 2022!

At least I got to use my new SD card!  


CAPTION: The Toledo, Peoria & Western Railway made yet another run to Morton, Illinois early-afternoon Sunday, December 3, 2023. IMRR 2108 delivered a fifth tank car to Fort Transfer Company on the west side of town. This is the ninth car for the year. 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)