Ask Peoria Station 1-14-24

I haven't posted one of these in awhile, so here it is. Ask a question on transportation and industry. As always, if I don't know the answer, I'll find one.

As a much-needed update, I looked through the archives and realized the last of the "PIA - A History" was posted on December 28, 2022, a little more than a year ago! So with this week's Arctic weather changing my routine, I decided to write the next one. Look for "PIA - A History: Events of 2003" soon. 

Two decades have passed, so it is easier to analyze events in historical context. As with the last four write ups, I will include a slide show, focusing on commercial airline traffic during the Prairie Air Show July 5-6, 2003. 

- David P. Jordan

Comments

  1. Any update on the grant that was awarded to PIA to pursue a new flight to the Western US?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, nothing has been mentioned in the media. The airport facebook page moderator replied to a similar query with the standard, "We are actively working on it - meeting and talking with airlines."

      I can't see AA overflying DFW, so PHX is out. DL to SLC or MSP would mean a return to the PIA market with limited service, which seems unlikely. UA tried IAH before and lasted barely more than a year. I suppose we could convince F9 to drop BMI in favor of PIA, but that seems unlikely.

      I'd bet on UA to DEN, but I fear for how that would affect G4's twice-weekly nonstops. Although UA would be mostly connecting traffic (except for days G4 doesn't have flights), I figure competition would end one of G4 service on Peoria's two weakest routes (BNA is the other).

      Don't be surprised if that $500,000 SCASD grant goes nowhere.

      Delete
    2. Any chance that a railroad update could be on the horizon?

      Delete
    3. How comprehensive would you like it to be?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)