Norfolk Southern D49 1-31-24

I caught it again this afternoon.

I was already aware that Norfolk Southern train D49 had permission to leave the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad's East Peoria Yard at 1439 hours, so when I left work, I turned on my scanner and turned left on Main Street. 

Moments later, I heard the crew tell the dispatcher they were approaching Crandall, and I could see tank cars rolling in the distance. Fortunately, I made it to the Harding Road crossing in time to capture the scene below. 


CAPTION: Norfolk Southern Railway train D49 rolls across Harding Road near Crandall, Illinois on the return leg to Good Yard in Normal. NS 3362 has nine cars. 

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)