Iowa Interstate SIPE 2-10-24

On social media, I received a heads up that an Iowa Interstate southbound had cleared Chillicothe around 1715 hours. So when I left the downtown library, I headed north, encountering the train in The Narrows. Of course, it was already dark, so I picked a location with good lighting at the Lorentz Avenue crossing where the train would enter the North Limit Yard. 

I intended to use both my Canon SX720 and phone camera, but accidently took a still with the latter. It turned out pretty well though. 

I decided on a second spot by the Morton Street crossing where a street lamp provided excellent lighting, until the train showed up. Seconds after grabbing my tri-pod and heading for my car, the light came on again, but it was too late. On to the next spot!

The old (1900) Rock Island depot at Liberty and SW Water streets is always a good spot. Despite a pedestrian's smart-alek remark about jumping a train, I think the video turned out pretty well. I was going to shoot with both cameras, but didn't have time to park and then set up my tri-pod. I used my phone camera for this one. 

Recent Iowa Interstate freights here have been short, but with a good variety of mixed traffic. The six empty coil steel cars up front almost look like empty intermodal well cars!


CAPTION: Iowa Interstate manifest SIPE (Silvis IL to Peoria IL) is shown entering the North Limit Yard in Peoria, Illinois early evening Saturday, February 10, 2024. Later, is rolls along the Tazewell & Peoria Railroad by the old (1900) Rock Island depot downtown.  IAIS 714 and IAIS 703 have 28 cars.

David P. Jordan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Band Distillery Expands to ex-Cat Tire!

TP&W-to-TZPR Transfer 10-14-23

Peoria Int'l Airport Awarded $500,000 In SCASD Program (UPDATED X2)